As a valued customer, we always look forward to providing you with the best of the facilities for transacting online through our Internet Banking Channel. As part of our sincere efforts to educate our customers on fraudulent transactions happening through the Internet, we have taken various steps like sending Security Alerts via e-mail and SMS, publishing the Safety Tips for initiating Internet Banking transactions in our Bank’s website and in our Internet Banking Login Page.
We are extremely happy to inform you that Bank has now implemented SyndProtect for its Internet Banking Application using RSA SecurID product. This will replace the traditional Transaction Password and will boost the security of online transactions by challenging fraudsters who purport to be genuine and attempt to siphon off our customers’ money by adopting different methods like phishing, “man-in-middle”, “man-in-browser”, impersonation etc. to name a few.
SyndProtect product comes with a Hardware/Software Token which generates and displays a Six Digit Token-Code at a frequency of every 60 seconds. Each Token-Code can be used only once. Apart from this, you will be able to set your own PIN (of 4 digits, numeric values only). The objective of this product is to replace the traditional Transaction Password with a Passcode (PIN + Token-Code).
While SyndProtect Hardware Tokens are USB drive-like devices which display the token-codes, SyndProtect Software-Tokens can be installed in the below platforms:
Personal Desktop Computer/Laptop/Netbook with
Smart Phones with
- Google Android 2.1 and above
- Apple iOS 4.3 and above
- Windows Phone 7.5 and above
- BlackBerry OS 4.5 and above
For installing the SyndProtect Software Tokens in Personal Desktop Computer/Laptop/Netbook with Windows Operating System, please follow the below steps:
- Download the Base Installation Software of RSA SecurID.
- Follow the User-Manual for installing RSA SecurID Software for generating the Token-Codes.
Pre-requisites to use SyndProtect Software Token:
- Customer should have applied for Internet Banking and should have a valid userid and login password.
- He/She should have informed the Bank of their email id and mobile no.
- Customer should have applied for SyndProtect token, by filling the Application Form and submitting it to the branch
Note: If you have an Android/Windows/Apple-iPhone smart phones, you can install the RSA SecurID App in your mobile instead of in your Personal Desktop Computer/Laptop/Netbook. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Internet Banking Team
Department of Information Technology, Corporate Office