INTEREST RATES ON DEPOSITS
(w.e.f. 04/02/2020 )
|Sr No.||Period of Deposit/ Tenors||
Rate of Interest (% p.a.)
Less than ₹ 2 cr
Rate of Interest (% p.a.)
₹ 2 cr to less than ₹ 5 cr
|1||7 to 45 days||4.50||4.50|
|2||46 to 90 days||5.50||5.50|
|3||91 days to Less than 1 Year||5.75||5.75|
|4||1 Year exact to 13 months||6.30||6.30|
|5||Above 13 months to upto 2 years||6.30||6.30|
|6||Above 2 Years to upto 5 Years||6.25||6.25|
|7||Above 5 Years to 10 Years||6.25||6.25|
*Synd 400, Synd 500 and SyndSmartShe schemes stand withdrawn w.e.f 05.08.2019. The existing accounts shall continue at the contracted rates till maturity.
- All the customers who have invested in the above schemes are advised to contact their respective branches on the date of maturity for further renewal of the deposits as per chosen tenor.
- Acceptance of deposits of ₹ 5 crores and above is at the discretion of the Bank. For accepting / renewing term deposits of ₹ 5 crores and above, branches have to get prior permission of CO:BS&P Department through respective ROs. It shall be noted that deposits of ₹ 5.00 crores and above are to be accepted only at the designated Branches.
- 0.75% extra on the applicable deposit rates for war widows & differently abled personnel, whose salary/pension is being routed through our bank, (Circular No 457/2015) shall continue at the contracted rates only till the maturity of the existing deposit. This additional rate is not applicable for any fresh deposits and renewal under this category.
- Additional interest of 0.50% over the card rate is payable to Resident Indian Senior Citizens on Domestic Term Deposits of less than ₹ 1.00 Crore(Customer ID wise) and the maturity tenor of above 180 days. w.e.f 16.07.2018(Not applicable to NRO deposits).
- Employees / eligible Ex-employees, other than those who come under the category mentioned in volume VII, Point No. 7.2.27(MOI), are eligible for an additional interest of 1%over the card rate irrespective of the amount and tenor of deposit (Not applicable on NRO deposits / Capital Gain Accounts Scheme 1988), for the deposit made out of their known/declared income only.
- Eligible ex-employees, who are Senior Citizens and eligible for an additional interest of 1% payable to employees / eligible ex-employees are also eligible for an additional interest of 0.50% payable to Resident Indian Senior Citizens on domestic term deposits of less than ₹ 1.00 Crore (customer ID wise) & maturity tenor above 180 days only.
- For rate of interest on deposits of ₹ 5.00 Crores and above, please contact the nearest branch.
The above rates are subject to revision from time to time.
Customers may contact the nearest branch of Syndicate Bank for details.