Public Notices forwarded by Central Vigilance Commission vide their Office Memorandum No. 004/VGL/26 (Office order No. 33/5/2004) dated 17.05.2004.
Government of India Resolution on Public Interest Disclosure and protection of Informer
- The Government of India has authorised the Central Vigilance Commission as the 'Designated Agency' to receive written complaints for disclosure on any allegation of corruption or misuse of office and recommend appropriate action.
- he jurisdiction of the Commission in this regard would be restricted to any employee of the Central Government or of any corporation established by or under any Central Act, Government Companies, Societies or local authorities owned or controlled by the Central Government Personnel employed by the State Governments and activities of the State Governments or its Corporation etc.will not come under the purview of the Commission.
- In this regard, the Commission, which will accept such complaints, has the responsibility of keeping the identity of the complainant secret and advised to comply with the following aspects.
- The complaint should be in a closed/secured envelope.
- The envelope should be addressed to Secretary, Central Vigilance Commission and should be superscribed " Complaint under The Public Interest Disclosure" If the envelope is not superscribed and closed, it will not be possible for the Commission to protect the complainant under the above resolution and the complaint will be dealt with as per the normal complaint policy of the Commission. The complainant should give his/her name and address in the beginning or end of complaint or in an attached letter.
- The text of the complaint should be carefully drafted so as not to give any details or clue as to his/her identity. However, the details of the complaint should be specific and verifiable.
- In order to protect identity of the person, the Commission will not issue any acknowledgement and the whistle-blowers are advised not to enter into any further correspondence with the Commission in their own interest. The Commission assures that, subject to the facts of the case being verifiable, it will take the necessary action as provided under the Government of India Resolution mentioned above If any further clarification is required, the Commission will get in touch with the complainant.
- The Commission can also take action against complainants making motivated/vexatious complaints under this Resolution
- A copy of detailed notification is available on the web site of the Commission http://www.cvc.nic.in
- Issued in public Interest by the Central Vigilance Commission, INA Satarkta Bhawan New Delhi
Central Vigilance Commission
Notification No. 8(1)(g)/99/(4) dated 12.03.1999 of Central Vigilance Commission, New Delhi and amendment thereof vide DO Lr.99:VGL:16-8003 dated 17.05.2004 :
DO NOT PAY BRIBE. IF ANYBODY OF THIS BANK ASKS FOR BRIBE OR IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON CORRUPTION IN THIS BANK OR IF YOU ARE A VICTIM OF CORRUPTION IN THIS BANK, YOU CAN COMPLAIN TO THE HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT OR THE CHIEF VIGILANCE OFFICER AND THE CENTRAL VIGILANCE COMMISSION WHOSE ADDRESS IS AS FOLLOWS:
|Shri Shiv Narain Kaushik
Chief Vigilance Officer,
BANGALORE 560 009.
Off : 080-22267741
Central Vigilance Commission,
Block A, INA,
NEW DELHI 110 023.
Telephone : 011-24618891